Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bad and good news????


Construction at the back of my apartment has been getting on my nerves since early 2008. Did not know about this before I moved in here and now that I have been having problem to really zzzzzz soundly ever since. It will be a luxurious condo with floor-to-ceiling see-through windows and whoever moving in upon completion will have a great view of the city skyline though it is not really a high-rise property. Plus, walking distance to the river and that is the place at which most of the residents here spend their time during summer, jogging, cycling, brisk walking, running, rollerskating/blading, etc. Of course, I am one of those people that do that in summertime....I mean one of the abovementioned activities and not all of them, mind you. Anyway, as usual - I was awakened by the noice of the construction this morning and since I was not able to go back to sleep I decided to check my e-mails.


Bad news???


Received an e-mail from my cousin who has two lovely children - my niece and nephew. By the way, they are not in the States. The e-mail was about the nurse advising her to reduce her intake of potassium as the level of it found in her body is rare (relatively high as opposed to deficiency) and she asked me if I knew what it was and what would be the worst scenario. Yes, I heard of potassium but did not really know what it was besides knowing that banana is high in potassium. I quickly did a research on this mineral and filled her in with necessary information. I advised her not to drink too much coffee, certain types of fruits (such as grapefruit, tomato, orange, melon, etc.) and vegetables (brocolli, potato). Additionally, I suggested her to hit the gym at least once or twice a week no matter how busy her schedule is and plenty of water to keep herself hydrated and by drinking enough fluid will actually help with the excretion of toxins accumulated in one's body. People usually talk about healthy diet and lifestyle concurrently. Eat a bit of everything instead of avoiding certain food and beverages that you dislike. Bottom line, everything in moderation.

Her annual medical check-up report will be reviewed and out in a week's time. At least she is doing it on a regular basis instead of not doing it at all as early detection is better than any type of treatment. Stay healthy!


Good news??? Guess so ;-)

A friend of mine wanted me to accompany him to inspect a big townhouse in the city (not literally). The last inspection carried out by the licensed inspector was about three months ago and he wanted to make sure that everything would be in order before closing the deal tomorrow. He asked for my opinions but I knew that my words would not hold sway over his ultimate decision even though what I said did carry weight somehow. It was lucky that everything was in order and he got a good deal. I am excited for him. Given the current economy, he's still able to get good rates from a few financial institutions to finance this US$1.1million property. As for the renovation and decoration, they will be carried out in stages. This is a prudent step to do for every homeowner unless one has a lot of cash to spare and/or the economy is good.

Good people should be blessed though not always the case. Be nice to your friends, family, co-workers and even strangers. You don't necessary have to lend a helping hand if you do not want to or it is beyond your ability but do not sabotage anybody - that's bad ;-P



10.25pm on Thursday.

No comments: